ADVANTAGES OF CALCITE
- Naturally occurring material
- Low uniformity coefficient for maximum contact for controlled pH correction
- Slower reacting for controlled pH correction
- Color: Near white
- Bulk Density: 90 lbs./cu. ft.
- Mesh Size: 16 x 40
- Specific Gravity: 2.7
- Effective Size: 0.4 mm
- Uniformity Coefficient: 1.5
- Hardness: 3.0 (Mohs scale)
CONDITIONS FOR OPPERATION
- A gravel support bed is recommended
- Water pH range: 5.0-7.0
- Bed depth: 24-30 in.
- Freeboard: 50% of bed depth (min.)
- Backwash rate: 8-12 gpm/sq. ft.
- Backwash Bed Expansion: 35% of bed depth
- Service flow rate: 3-6 gpm/sq. ft.
Replacement calcite media for residential acid neutralizer systems and commercial acid neutralizers.
Pure calcium carbonate (calcite) media, shipped in a .55 cubic foot bag (approximately 50#)
- Additional Information
SKU CAL-50-BAG Recommended Use Acid Neutralizer Model Calcite Media Manufacturer Nelsen